So we all hate moving, well I think most of us at least do. I know my stress levels go through the roof, and now with an overseas PCS looming over me, I knew I had to do something. I created a binder. Yes, it may have been an over the top thing to do, but man did my stress go down.
First, I researched… a lot. I looked at a bunch of different examples of binders and created my own. I took the good, dropped the bad, and added what I found to be missing. I hope this helps you as much as it did me. My humble opinion is this works well for both CONUS and OCONUS PCS.
What you’ll need:
1 – zipper pouch with the three ring binder hold on the side
1 – 2 inch three ring binder. You can probably do smaller, but I put EVERYTHING in there, and 2 Inch was the right size for me.
And a packet or two of sheet protectors.
1. Important/ Legal
5. Check List
6. Pet Info
7. Contact List
8. Shipping Info
1. Important/ Legal – Basically a copy of orders, marriage cert, birth certificates, school records, etc.
2. Medical – Vaccinations, medical records, the list of medications.
3. Travel – Hotel info, flight, car rental
4. Housing – Any documents in regards to housing both old and new. Leases, the release of the property so forth.
5. Check List – Can help keep you on track. Can put it on your first tab before move.
6. Pet info – All documents from vaccinations to microchip info. Airline hotel boarding.
7. Contact list – Numbers and addresses for exiting and entering command. Never know when your phone will die and you’ll need a number
8. Shipping info – All HHG info as well as any POBOX info you have.
Zipper pouch – Here I keep passports a pen and put all receipts for reimbursement.
Hopefully, you will find as much use out of this as I did.